At this point, the first section of the game is still in progress. Recent updates include:
- New quest system
- Fleshed out gameplay and narrative elements for early levels
- Fleshed out quests and rewards from Elsa and Grimhook (the two main NPCs in the game)
- Tweaks to the level design and UI
I am currently working on a prologue sequence is only partially complete, and there are some gameplay sequences and art assets that need to be finished before the first ‘act’ of the game’s story is complete.
- Prologue cinematic: will show Damian, Finlay’s enemy, coming to power
- Level design and gameplay for Elsa’s den and garden
- Level design and gameplay for underwater caves
- Coding improvements for underwater navigation
- Background art for cinematic and den, garden, and underwater levels
The story and gameplay are shaping up quite well. While they are still open to change, the game feels fairly well mapped out at this point. Once the first act is complete, a lot of the work for act 2 will already be complete, since levels that were originally created for act 1 were shifted around in the story.
Expect to see new environment art in the next update!